Frequently Asked Questions
Fox Insight is a completely online study that allows you take part anywhere at any time. Every 90 days you'll be asked to go online and complete a series of health-related questionnaires. Each time you complete your questionnaires you’ll be completing a study visit.
The first study visit is the longest and takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. You can complete it in a single sitting, or spread across the first study visit (the first 90 days in the study). Later study visits take 20-40 minutes to complete depending on the visit and some of the responses you provide.
As you take part in Fox Insight, you may also be invited to take part in other sub-studies or complete limited time surveys. All messaging about these will come through your study profile, and will describe the time commitment and any other steps you must take before you decide to take part. These sub-studies are all optional in addition to completing your routine study visits.
Anyone can take part in the study, including control volunteers without Parkinson’s, as these volunteers are essential to providing researchers with comparison data. Fox Insight also accepts participants from all around the world.
If you are a care partner for someone with Parkinson's, you can work together to complete Fox Insight Study Visits. Just make sure that you only input information about that person in their account including their personal information and most importantly, their PD status.
If you are interested in enrolling in the Fox Insight study, here is how to get started:
- Visit the study homepage, www.foxinsight.org
- Click the orange “Register for Fox Insight” button to create your own account
- You’ll be immediately directed to consent to take part in the study
- You will then provide health-related information through a series of researcher-designed questionnaires on health related topics– from the comfort of your own home!
If you are traveling or unable to complete a study visit for any reason, you will continue to be eligible for the rest of the study. We just ask that when your next study visit opens, you return to the site and continue to complete your questionnaires!
If you’re interested in learning more about PD, PD research or developing a care team, we invite you to visit the MJFF website (michaeljfox.org) for information and connections to available resources about the disease. If you’re interested in learning about other PD studies in your area, we invite you to register for Fox Trial Finder (foxtrialfinder.org), a ‘match.com’-like platform for clinical trials.
If you would like to update your account information, either your email associated with your account or your password, you can do so from the "Profile Settings" page of Fox Insight. To get to this page, follow the below steps:
- Log into your account at foxinsight.org with your existing credentials
- Click "Profile Settings" in the top right corner of the page
- Edit the field you would like to change
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the "Save" button
You are able to view your past responses to Fox Insight study visits through the Fox Insight website. Please follow the below steps to view or print those responses.
- Log into your account at foxinsight.org
- Click the "Study Visits" tab at the top of the page
- Scroll down to see a list of your previously completed study visits
- Click "Print Summary" for the study visit you are interested in reviewing
You are able to edit any questionnaire from your current study visit, however, you cannot edit past study visit responses or questionnaires in the “survey center.”
To edit a questionnaire, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Fox Insight account (Foxinsight.org)
- Click the “study visits” tab at the top of the page
- Scroll to browse the surveys in your current study visit
- Click “review/edit” any of the questionnaires you would like to change your response to
- Make sure to click “submit” at the bottom of the page when you are done making any updates